Tuesday, October 14, 2014

1499 on Church Street -- October 14, 2014


I recently went to Saint Anthony-Immaculate Conception School in San Francisco to talk to the Fifth Grade about an American history essay contest:
http://cablecarguy.blogspot.com/2014/10/a-childs-journey-through-ellis-island-2.html

I studied Muni maps to try to figure out the best way to get there from downtown.  I could have taken BART, but there would be a 20-minute walk from 24th and Mission, unless I took a 14-Mission to Cesar Chavez.  I could have taken the 12-Folsom but it doesn't run very often.  I decided to take a J-Church and walk down the hill from 26th or Cesar Chavez. 

When I got to the Embarcadero Station, there was an inbound delay, but a J came eventually.  I enjoyed the ride up the hill.  Dolores Park is all torn up.  I was a little early, so I got off at 24th and walked down to Cesar Chavez.  I took this photo of Breda 1499.  I turned down Cesar Chavez and took some photos. 

I got to the school just in time to sign in at the office. 
==============

The Giants beat the Cardinals 5-4 in the 10th on a bad throw. 

No comments: